More than a dozen states are taking steps to end their lockdowns, according to USA Today. Last week, Florida re-opened some of its beaches from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. This week, Georgia will allow many closed businesses, including hair salons, fitness centers and bowling alleys, to reopen on Friday, while restaurants and movie theaters will welcome back customers on Monday.
As COVID-19 restrictions ease, officials insist people still need to follow social-distancing guidelines. They're trying to balance reviving economies and protecting those who remain at risk, especially to the elderly and people with certain pre-existing conditions.
Last week, seven governors extended their stay-at-home orders until May 15. One governor, Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI), has threatened to extend her state's lockdown as protests grow to end it. The Wall Street Journal reports that five states have "few to no restrictions on business and travel."
Last week, Grassfire launched our "Reopen America?" QuickPoll. We want to know what you think. Should politicians, especially President Trump, work to end the shutdowns ASAP? Or do you think the non-essential U.S. businesses must stay closed until the COVID-19 threat is over? Please click on the "YES!" or "NO!" image below to cast your vote:
Thanks, in advance, for taking action today. Please remember that our QuickPolls are not scientific, nor do they endorse a specific candidate or position. They're for informational purposes only.
For life, liberty and limited government,
The Grassfire Team
P.S. After you take the "Reopen America?" QuickPoll, please forward this email to your family and friends. Urge them to stand with you and make their voices heard. Finally, please see below for today's COUNTERDRUDGE headlines from our Coronavirus Resource Center.
- Brit Hume: Shutdown may be "Colossal Public Policy Calamity"
- Hume's interview with watchdog Alex Berenson (transcript)
- CDC data confirms deaths OVERWHELMINGLY in older population, just .12% under 25
- NEW -- Grassfire summary of best recent testing results
- Sweden: why herd immunity matters
- Georgia/Tennessee announce plans to lift lockdown
- CDC encourages more padding of the numbers?
French study indicates infected child did not spread COVID to other kids, but did spread flu
- Study: "The fact that an infected child did not transmit the disease despite close interactions within schools suggests potential different transmission dynamics in children."
- Birx appears NERVOUS, AVOIDS answering question on results of antibody studies (video)
Do you like this page?