America has spent the past few weeks quarantining, social distancing and finding out who really are "essential workers" in the fight against COVID-19. As Easter approaches, millions are praying for "a light at the end of tunnel." Our hopes are that our actions and, in many cases, our sacrifices have helped us "turn the corner" and "flatten the curve."
Last week, Grassfire did a cost analysis on the impact COVID-19 shutdowns were having on the U.S. economy. The painstaking process revealed some disturbing results. To date, the effect of the coronavirus outbreak on America's historic, bull market totals approximately $34 TRILLION. Yes, that's TRILLION with a T. (You can learn more here.)
As the days and weeks pass, we're learning that the doom-and-gloom predictions about deaths, illnesses, hospitalizations, and the need for respirators and ventilators were WILDLY inaccurate and unreliable. (Go here for that story.)
Yes, we MUST continue doing EVERYTHING we can to protect the elderly and those with preexisting conditions from COVID-19. But when can we begin focusing primarily on the most at-risk demographics and communities and let the rest of the country go back to work?
Again, COVID-19 is a SERIOUS problem. But as President Trump said recently, "We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself." If you agree, click here or on the banner below to sign the national "Get America Working Again!" Petition:
Other costs associated with shutting down the U.S. economy to fight COVID-19 include:
- Lost opportunity cost for businesses
- Lost opportunity cost for individuals who had to delay dreams, plans, etc.
- The cost of losing freedoms (priceless)
- The cost of NOT EDUCATING millions of students and falling further behind in academic standards
- The cost of singles not dating and progressing towards marriage
- The cost of creating even more of a culture of government dependency (Did anyone oppose the pork-filled bailout?)
Moving forward, can America not "firewall" the ONLY statistically vulnerable communities -- the elderly and those with dangerous preexisting conditions? Can we stop the government from pursuing the most aggressive means of controlling this virus and encourage our leaders to adopt to a less disruptive strategy?
If that's what you want, click here to sign the national "Get America Working Again!" Petition now. When Grassfire reaches 20,000 signatures, our representatives will hand-deliver your petition to key leaders on Capitol Hill. Thanks, in advance, for taking action today.
For life, liberty and limited government,
The Grassfire Team
P.S. The "Get America Working Again!" Petition states:
Although COVID-19 poses a very real health pandemic, the government's overreaction through shutdown and lockdown measures now threatens our economy and the livelihood and retirement of hundreds of millions of Americans. These lockdown measures also push all limits of government power even during an "emergency" and are a serious threat to our liberties. (Read more...)
GRASSFIRE'S CORONAVIRUS RESOURCE CENTER
Home Page • "CounterDrudge" Headlines • Cost Analysis • Alternative View
Today's Coronavirus Headlines and COUNTERDRUDGE links:
- Completely Fraudulent Fatality Timeline: 40 MILLION to 60k
- COVID-1984 Police State getting out of control:
- Paris bans daytime outdoor exercise?!
- CO man handcuffed in front of 6-year-old daughter at park
- Google's "Community Mobility Reports"
- Horowitz on the Police State: curfews, arresting for being in ocean alone and going for a drive; banning non-essential medical services, arrested
- Defense Sec: National Guard can be used to enforce lockdown (what about Posse Comitatus laws?)
- Obamacare architect: must stay locked down for 18 months until vaccine (video)
- Hydroxychloroquine Updates
- Doctors PUZZLE over COVID and possible different treatments
- hedge fund guy: "economy cannot crash 30% to save the .2%"
- Bill Bennett: A "smarter way"... sequestering the elderly, vulnerable, and test positives
- Fauci confirms virus hitting black community the hardest (video)
- Birx (unwittingly) admits OVERCOUNTING COVID deaths? ("we've taken a very liberal approach to mortality..."). Video: "If someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting":
- Coronavirus home page
- "CounterDrudge" Headlines
- Cost Analysis
- Alternative View
- Current U.S. Case Fatality Rate
- Coronavirus Survey
- "Get America Working Again" Petition
- Today's Grassfire-exclusive video:
Do you like this page?